Image from 'Murdoch Uni Vet Hospital gives advice for pet owners over the holidays'

While the festive season is filled with treats and tinsel, Murdoch University Veterinary Hospital is warning pet owners to be mindful of often overlooked holiday dangers. 

Murdoch Pet Emergency Centre (MPEC) Senior Registrar Dr Ryan Ong said many people were unaware that chocolate, macadamia nuts, grapes and lilies all had the potential to harm cats and dogs.

“Chocolate is poisonous for dogs, and is probably the most common food-related cause of admission that we see during the season,” Dr Ong said. …