Show Social Feed


Posted in: Australian Business Schools in Australia, Australian Dental Schools in Australia, Australian Law Schools in Australia, Australian Medical Schools in Australia, Australian Occupational Therapy Schools in Australia, Australian Pharmacy Schools in Australia, Australian Physiotherapy Schools in Australia, Australian Speech Pathology Programs, Australian Teachers College in Australia & the UK, Australian Universities, Australian Veterinary School in Australia, Canadian College Articulation Agreement, Canadian Visit, Event, Griffith University, News, UK Business Schools in the UK, UK Physiotherapy Schools in the UK, UK Universities, University of Adelaide, University Transfer
Tags: , , , , ,

This week I have been visiting some colleges and attending University Grad fairs and noticed the same questions are being asked. Well we all have the same concerns right?! I wanted to post our frequently asked questions here so you can have a read and get in touch if you have anymore questions?!!!



Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 12.41.25

Must I come to your office to apply?

KOM’s office is located in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. We welcome students and their families to come to our office for individual counselling with a KOM representative about studying in Australia or the UK. You can meet with a KOM team member for general information or if you are ready to head off to study overseas.

As many of KOM’s clients are from across Canada, we can communicate through our toll free line at 1-877-318-8203 or email. We also host free webinars with our partner overseas universities so you can get information from where ever you are! Or we may even see you on campus. Check out our Events page for details of what colleges & universities we are visiting throughout the year.

Are photocopies of official transcripts acceptable for applications or are originals necessary?

You should submit to KOM Consultants one set of sealed official original transcripts from your Canadian institution(s), either interim or final, along with your international university applications.

If your studies are still in progress, you may be given a conditional offer from the overseas university based upon successful completion of current studies. You will then be expected to send a sealed official, original, final transcript.

How soon will I know if I am accepted?

KOM is proud of the close relationship with the University International Offices which allows our clients quick turn around times on their overseas university applications. Upon receipt of the application package from the student, KOM will forward your documentation to the universities of choice. Allow approximately four weeks for the average response. International Professional programs such as Australian Medical Schools, Australian Dental Schools and Physiotherapy Schools in Australia & the UK, etc usually have specific application deadlines and first round offer dates. All university correspondence will come to you through KOM Consultants.

How much are tuition costs?

International University Tuition fees vary according to university and program to study in Australia or the UK. British costs range from £7000 – £9000. Australian tuition is generally $20,000 AUD for one academic year. A Masters degree would be approximately $23,000 AUD. “Study Abroad” fees are in the range of $10,000 AUD per semester.

How much is accommodations?

Britain advises £300/month for living expenses. Australian accommodation is approximately $200.00 AUD per week depending on location.

Do the universities offer airport reception?

When an International student arrives to study in Australia, most Australian universities will provide airport reception. Most universities will not charge for airport reception. Once a student has their flight booked, he/she should complete online airport reception.

Check out the KOM Pre-departure webpage for more information airport reception, funding, flights, student visas, etc.

Can I work while I am studying in Australia or Britain?

In Australia, Canadian students can work up to 40 hours a fortnight while their program is in session. Students who hold a student visa can work unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks. You may also seek work in Britain.

Will I be eligible for financial assistance?

You may be eligible for a provincial loan. Please refer to KOM Resources for additional details.

Are there opportunities to meet other students who will be studying at the same Australian university as myself prior to leaving Canada?

We at KOM Consultants try to ensure that you have the best support system for our Canadian students studying abroad and the huge adventure that you are undertaking. KOM hosts an information session prior to the beginning of each semester to give students pre-departure information, helpful tips and opportunity to meet with other students who will be studying abroad. We also set group flights with Goway travel for students wishing to fly with other students. KOM always encourages students to take advantage of KOM’s Facebook page to connect to other students.

Do I require health coverage in Australia as a student?

All students entering Australia to study must have Overseas Health Coverage (OSHC). OSHC is similar to OHIP and gives basic coverage over the duration of studies. Most Australian universities include the OSHC in the initial deposit as listed on an offer letter. You will not be able to obtain an Australian student visa until you have OSHC.

Do I pay the university application fees, as well as the KOM the application fee?

KOM Consultants services and university application fees are absolutely FREE to students who submit applications through our office.


Students will be subject to a mandatory $100 application fee for The University of Sydney.

The University of Adelaide will charge mandatory fees for Medical and Dental applications: $100 application fee as well as $450 PQA fee.

UK applications to University of Bournemouth and the University of Dundee will be charged £19.

Are all Australian teachers certificates considered valid in Canada?

We specialize in teacher training and we will guide you through the proper choices of subjects and schools. We recommend that students research with the Provincial Teacher Certification Board to ensure requirements are met.

When accepted, is it better to pay the entire tuition in full or to pay it in instalments?

International University Tuition is paid by the semester. Australian Government requires all International Students to pay the first semester’s fees, plus Overseas Health Coverage before an Australian Student Visa may be issued by the Australian High Commission. Thereafter, fees are paid by the semester.

Can I apply to KOM if I am NOT a resident of Ontario?

Certainly, you can apply to KOM if you are not an Ontario resident. Our students come from across the country. As well, we can assist international students who are currently studying in Canada and wish to continue their studies in Australia. Even if you are a Canadian who is currently living and working abroad, we support you as well.


 KOM Consultants are the application centre for over 20 overseas universities.

Call us for more information or to have a chat! Toll Free: 1 (877) 318-8203


Stay in Touch!

 App-Pinterest-icon tumblr logo  twitter image Google + YouTube