Macquarie University Bachelor of Arts – International Communication
The Bachelor of Arts – International Communication degree at Macquarie University in Australia focuses on the flow of information and ideas around the world. It covers issues around the international communication industry (for example, public relations, policy and development campaigns) and global media including convergent technologies.
You will develop:
- an informed, global, cross-cultural perspective of the world
- written and verbal communication skills that are valued by employers in any industry
- the ability to analyze the debates and practices related to communication in a variety of contexts that cross national and linguistic boundaries, so you can meet the challenges in real-world contexts.
This major is taught by international staff who bring a broad range of disciplinary and professional perspectives to their teaching. They are active researchers who draw upon diverse cultural experiences. Combine International Communication with another degree in business, law or science to further your career prospects.
Features & Career Opportunities
- Gain the skills to contribute to international, cross-cultural policy development and to shape social interventions.
- Macquarie University encourage and support students to study abroad.
- Tailor your studies to your own interests and career goals.
- You will develop your research skills, learn how to critically analyze communication processes, and how to communicate effectively across linguistic and cultural boundaries.
Graduates from Macquarie University in Australia with a major in International Communication have found employment in diplomacy, international policy making, journalism, media production and events, international public relations and advertising for corporations, government and non-government organizations.
Sample Study Plan
Sample Study Plan for Canadian College University Transfer Student
|Semester 1||Semester 2 |