Institute of Technology, Carlow (IT Carlow) Canadian College Transfer Programs
Institute of Technology, Carlow Canadian College Transfer Programs Overview
KOM Consultants is the official Canadian representative for Institute of Technology Carlow, located to the south of County Carlow, in Ireland. Canadian applications to IT Carlow degrees from Canadian Colleges are submitted directly through KOM Consultants at 1-877-318-8203 or email@example.com.
Convert your Canadian Community College Diploma into a Bachelor’s Degree at IT Carlow in Ireland, in as little as just 1 year through KOM Consultants. Every application that is made is assessed on a case by case basis but we can promise a quick decision turnaround time, so get applying!
IT Carlow offers Canadian College students a broad choice of Bachelor or Honours Bachelor Degree completion opportunities across the Schools of Business & Social Sciences, as well as Engineering and Science. Bachelor Degrees are 3-year programs and Honours Bachelor Degree programs are 4-year programs.
Generally speaking 3 yr Canadian College Advanced Diploma graduates can complete an Honours Bachelor Degree with one further year of full-time study, whilst 2 yr Canadian College Diploma graduates can complete either a Bachelor Degree with one further year of full-time study OR an Honours Bachelor Degree with two further years of study. IT Carlow are giving you credit for credit for your college studies. (exception is ECE program – requires full 2 years completion at IT Carlow)
An Honours Bachelor Degree from Ireland is Internationally recognized under the Bologna Agreement and is equivalent to an Honours Bachelor Degree in North America. Both typically take four years to achieve.
IT Carlow is located in the vibrant, bustling town of Carlow with a population of over 20,000. The town enjoys a thriving arts and crafts community, and exciting nightlife, a strong Irish culture and festivals as well as a superb range of shops, boutiques and restaurants.
For more information you can also watch this PowerPoint presentation (18 mb).
Areas of Study
Institute of Technology, Carlow offers a wide range of study areas:
|School of Business and Humanities||School of Engineering|
|School of Science|
Canadian Transfer Pathways
Canadian College Articulation Agreements
Institute of Technology, Carlow has formal Articulation Agreements with Canadian colleges granting some of the highest credit transfer available. These college articulations allows students to upgrade their diploma to a relevant Bachelors degree in a minimal amount of time.
Canadian college articulation pathways are offered in a large variety of programs within the colleges.
Below is a listing of Canadian College Articulation Agreements with Institute of Technology Carlow.
Why IT Carlow
Why IT Carlow might be the best choice for you:
- Canadian study abroad citizens do not need a student visa to enter Ireland
- 3yr Advanced Diploma and 2yr Diploma graduates can complete an internationally recognized Honours Bachelor Degree at IT Carlow via 1 or 2 years further study at IT Carlow
- Tuition is €8500 per year (approx. Cdn$ 12,500) for Canadian College students applying through KOM Consultants
- A €500 travel discount will be awarded to students who accept their IT Carlow offer
- IT Carlow is OSAP Aid & Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) approved
- IT Carlow is located 80 km from Dublin City
- Carlow is ideally located to explore some of Ireland’s most famous tourist destinations such as Wicklow Mountains, the medieval city of Kilkenny and the Viking settlement of Wexford
- Student accommodation is plentiful and the transport network is excellent
- Extensive bus and rail networks ensure access to Dublin city centre or the International airport within 90 minutes
- Students are also permitted to work part-time up to 20 hours per week during term time and up to 40 hours per week during holiday breaks
- Honours Bachelor Degree graduates can stay and work for a further period of 1 year in Ireland
- Tuition fees for the academic year at IT Carlow are €8,500. This covers tuition registration and pick-up at the airport on first arrival.
- Accommodation: approx €3,000 for September to May.
- Additional Costs:
- Food and incidentals are estimated by IT Carlow at approx €3,000 per year.
- The IRP immigration registration costs approx €300
Total cost for one year: Approximate €14,800 or $22,000 Canadian (excluding flights).
|ABOUT INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CARLOW|
|Entry Requirements:||Canadian College Diploma (2 or 3 years). Entry requirements will vary depending on program|
|Application Dates:||Applicants are advised to apply 9 months in advance|
|Annual Tuition Fees:||Contact KOM Consultants for latest tuition fees 1-877-318-8203|
|Faculties:||Business and Humanities, Science, Computing, Engineering, Sport, Media & Marketing, Art & Design and Social Studies|