KOM Consultants are the official Canadian representative and application centre for 2 preferred UK universities offering some of the highest credit transfer available to Canadian College students. These institutions have worked closely with KOM ensuring maximum credit be given in a wide range of academic areas.
Scotland (Robert Gordon University)
Scotland offers two distinct qualifications at the undergraduate level, similar to the Canadian university system.
- three year Ordinary degree, what Canadians refer to as a General Degree
- four year undergraduate degree with honours
Scotland’s four-year undergraduate degree structure is sometimes referred to as the “gold standard” of university education. It follows a long-established European tradition and has been emulated in the structure of higher education courses in many countries worldwide, including Canada.
Graduates of two-year Canadian College programs can secure an Ordinary degree in as little as 1-year, or 4-year honours degree with two further years of study in Scotland.
Graduates of three-year Advanced Diplomas can secure a 4-year honours degree in as little as 1-year.
England (University of Gloucestershire)
Progression agreements have been made with many Canadian Colleges allowing students to complete their degree in England. We encourage students from all areas of study to apply, and if your program is not included in the progression agreement, applications will be viewed for credit on a case by case basis.
Graduates of 3-year advanced diplomas can obtain a Bachelor Degree in as little as 1-year
2-year diploma graduates can obtain a Bachelor Degree in as little as 2-years
Why the UK
Why study in the United Kingdom (UK)?
- SCHOLARSIPS – our UK schools offer a variety of scholarships, from faculty specific, to merit based scholarships through the International Office
- EXCELLENT education – degrees from UK higher education institutions are known around the world as high quality and world class
- SHORTER completion time. For the most part students can complete their qualification in 1 – 2 academic years
- MASTERS degrees in 1 further year – many students are now choosing to stay in the UK to complete their Masters
- ELIGIBLE to apply for Canadian provincial loans (OSAP, Alberta Student Loans, etc.)
- CRA approved
- WORK up to 20 hours a week while studying in the UK
- ADVENTURE of a lifetime – studying in the UK is an opportunity to discover its unique culture, cities and countryside – from music and sports to history and heritage
- SAFE and friendly environment – The UK is a friendly, welcoming place for people of all countries, cultures and faiths
United Kingdom Facts
United Kingdom Facts
- In the UK, accents change noticeably about every 25 miles (40km).
- Population: The population of the UK is estimated to be around 63 million (England: 53 million, Scotland: 5.3 million, Wales: 3 million, Northern Ireland: 1.8 million).
- Land area: The UK is close to 95,000 square miles (245,000 square kilometres), stretching from the Shetland Islands off the north coast of Scotland, down to the Isles of Scilly in south west England, and across the sea to Northern Ireland.
- Money: The currency of the UK is pounds sterling.
- Heritage: The UK has a fascinating history dating back to 6500 BC. All over the UK you’ll find monuments marking its history, from Stonehenge to Buckingham Palace
- Economy: The UK is one of the world’s leading business locations and the number one destination for inward investment in Europe