About Institute of Technology Sligo (IT Sligo)
IT Sligo is one of Ireland’s most successful third level educational institutions. A regional leader in education, innovation and economic and social development, we provide courses with the real-world skills that students need to thrive in the modern workplace. IT Sligo is known for:
- Delivering flexible, practical programmes within the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), from higher certificate and degree level courses to taught masters and PhD level, in the classroom and online, with professional accreditation for certain awards.
- Small class sizes, with a low student to staff ratio, meaning students have a better working relationship with their lecturers.
- Partnering with businesses, the community and creative industries across core disciplines of Business and Social Sciences, Engineering and Design and Science to provide students work placements and internships.
- An excellent track record in innovation and research, providing a focal point for local business innovation and development through our Innovation Centre.
Why Study at IT Sligo
Why Study at Institute of Technology Sligo?
- Working with our partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
- Our annual Science Week activities attract over 3,000 visitors to take part in practical scientific experiments.
- IT Sligo is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
A unique kind of campus
- Centrally located 72-acre campus in Sligo town, with good public transport links.
- Benefiting from a €35 million capital investment, including new Technology and Science buildings, a new student services building and a state-of-the-art library set on three floors.
- Sports Facilities include the multipurpose Knocknarea Arena, an international standard outdoor athletics track, floodlit soccer and Gaelic pitches and leisure and gym facilities.
- Plentiful and affordable student accommodation within walking distance of the campus: there are 2,100 bed spaces provided within Sligo City exclusively for students. Accommodation can cost (€90 per week including utilities
- IT Sligo are OSAP Aid & Candian Revenue Agency (CRA) approved.
- IT Sligo also offers a Sports Scholarship Scheme aimed to assist talented student athletes reach their sporting potential. If you are a keen sportsperson competing at an elite level, we want to hear from you. Under the scheme up to 20 scholarships and bursaries are awarded each year. The Gold Scholarship Award for 2014/2015 was €1,750.
- Tuition is €8,500 per year (C$ 12,500) for Ontario Colleges graduates.
- A €500 Early Acceptance discount will be awarded to students who accept their IT Sligo offer within 90 days of from date of offer and payment of €1000 deposit
- Engineering & Design
- Social Science
Student Blog Posts
Studies show that journaling is good for your mental health — reducing stress and relieving anxiety by providing a healthy outlet to express yourself. Sara, our Canadian and IT Sligo Ambassador has kept a personal journal during her time in Ireland so far, and in this blog, she shares why she thinks you should too…
Find out more about how our Canadian Ambassador, Sara LaBlance, chose and applied for her Bachelor of Business course at IT Sligo – everything from what it costs to visas…
Institute of Technology Sligo latest news
Why IT Sligo? by Karen Markovich
Choosing IT Sligo was not an easy choice. First I thought I only had the choice among the local university, online or in the States. The changing factor in the decision-making process began in my second year when KOM consultants came to St. Clair College, Ontario. Where I learned the possibilities of building on my 3-year advanced diploma in Business Administration-Marketing at St. Clair and continuing onto my Degree with several countries to choose from at various price points. …
Written by Colin Topliffe
I’ve been wanting to sit down and write about my experience so far studying in Ireland for a while. School has kept me doing research and writing papers and my passion for photography has been keeping me fairly busy running around trying to get the perfect shots.
I decided to write this blog for two main reasons, the first being to write down my thoughts and experiences so I can reflect on them later and second for others who want to study abroad but want to understand more what the experience is like. …
Thinking about studying abroad but have a million questions racing through your mind? Already applied, been accepted and now thinking “what next”? Kristen, an IT Sligo and Canadian Ambassador, can relate. Check our her never-ending list of things she has learned in during her study abroad experience…Flights
Travelling to Ireland from Ontario, Canada?
The best non-stop flight for me was Toronto to Dublin with Aer Lingus. Great prices, great flight times and slightly above average leg room! …
The application process
I applied through KOM Consultants, which is a company based out of Hamilton, Ontario. They are the middle man in the whole process, and the university pays them if a student attends the college by applying through KOM. It’s really helpful to have them because they can bridge the gap by answering Canadian-specific questions. It’s also free to apply through them, so that’s also a big plus. The requirements may vary depending on the number of applicants any given year but when I applied last year, …
Institute of Technology, Sligo’s newly refurbished School of Business & Social Sciences Building was officially opened in late November.
Students, staff and invited guests gathered in the new facility which is being named after Constance Markievicz, one of Ireland’s most influential historical figures, and who had a deep association with the North West.
About IT Sligo
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Biotechnology
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Computer Network Support Technician
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Tourism with Event Management
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Performing Arts
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Human Resource Management
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Environmental Science
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Construction Project Management
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - ECCE
IT Sligo in Ireland - Canadian College Student Interview - Business Administration - Marketing
IT Sligo College Transfer Webinar brought to you by KOM Consultants - March 22, 2018
IT Sligo College Transfer Program brought to you by KOM Consultants - December 11, 2017
IT Sligo Webinar with KOM Consultants - March 8, 2017
Webinar with IT Carlow and IT Sligo brought to you by KOM Consultants - February 11, 2016