About Institute of Technology Sligo (IT Sligo)
IT Sligo is one of Ireland’s most successful third level educational institutions. A regional leader in education, innovation and economic and social development, we provide courses with the real-world skills that students need to thrive in the modern workplace. IT Sligo is known for:
- Delivering flexible, practical programmes within the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), from higher certificate and degree level courses to taught masters and PhD level, in the classroom and online, with professional accreditation for certain awards.
- Small class sizes, with a low student to staff ratio, meaning students have a better working relationship with their lecturers.
- Partnering with businesses, the community and creative industries across core disciplines of Business and Social Sciences, Engineering and Design and Science to provide students work placements and internships.
- An excellent track record in innovation and research, providing a focal point for local business innovation and development through our Innovation Centre.
Why Study at IT Sligo
Why Study at Institute of Technology Sligo?
- Working with our partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
- Our annual Science Week activities attract over 3,000 visitors to take part in practical scientific experiments.
- IT Sligo is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
A unique kind of campus
- Centrally located 72-acre campus in Sligo town, with good public transport links.
- Benefiting from a €35 million capital investment, including new Technology and Science buildings, a new student services building and a state-of-the-art library set on three floors.
- Sports Facilities include the multipurpose Knocknarea Arena, an international standard outdoor athletics track, floodlit soccer and Gaelic pitches and leisure and gym facilities.
- Plentiful and affordable student accommodation within walking distance of the campus: there are 2,100 bed spaces provided within Sligo City exclusively for students. Accommodation can cost (€90 per week including utilities
- IT Sligo offers a limited number of merit entry tuition fee scholarships amounting to €1,500 each (C$ 2,100)
- IT Sligo are OSAP Aid & Candian Revenue Agency (CRA) approved.
- IT Sligo also offers a Sports Scholarship Scheme aimed to assist talented student athletes reach their sporting potential. If you are a keen sportsperson competing at an elite level, we want to hear from you. Under the scheme up to 20 scholarships and bursaries are awarded each year. The Gold Scholarship Award for 2014/2015 was €1,750.
- Tuition is reduced from €9,000 to €7,500 per annum (C$ 10,500) for Colleges Ontario graduates (inclusive of medical insurance and airport pick-up).
- Engineering & Design
- Social Science
Institute of Technology Sligo latest news
Students and their families can slash their education bills by thousands of euro a year by studying in Sligo. A study shows student accommodations, food, transport and entertainment are vastly cheaper in the North West.
Most third-level institutions will provide approximate living costs on their websites. And close analysis of these figures shows that the cost of attending a course in different Irish towns and cities varies wildly.
And the biggest variant? …
Flagship New IT Sligo Venue to be named ‘Aurivo Auditorium’
Institute of Technology, Sligo has signed a four-year deal with Aurivo Co-operative Society, one of the North West region’s largest employers, for the naming rights to a new state-of-the-art campus facility, which will be officially opened this September.
The construction of a 280-seater lecture and conference space in the heart of the campus is nearing completion and is to be named the Aurivo Auditorium. …
Mechanical Engineering students from IT Sligo have won a prestigious Engineers Ireland Innovation Award for 2016.
Colm Morley, Shane Timoney, Caolan Treanor and Conor Walsh collected the Innovative Student Engineer of the Year Award, sponsored by Siemens, and a prize of €2000 for their final year project which they designed to help improve farm safety.
Their project, entitled: ‘Automatically fed post driver’ (pictured below) allows tractor operators to drive posts without having to dismount their tractors, …
Travel Guide – Donegal, Sligo & Northwest Ireland
When it comes to sheer wild beauty, the landscapes of Ireland’s Northwest have no equal, on the Emerald Isle or perhaps anywhere else. Rugged coastlines, windswept moors and plunging valleys capture a sense of poetic drama which the Yeats brothers, proud natives of this region, could scarcely have expressed in their own artistic works.Sligo Town & Surrounding Areas
Sligo town offers much of the “authentic Ireland” …
Why Study In Ireland? Here’s why!
KOM Consultants are now working with University College Cork, and Institute of Technology Carlow in Ireland. Keep an eye out for more information on studying in Ireland.
Got a question, just ask me :)
Did you know, KOM Consultants are the application centre for over 20 overseas universities. We will do all the work for you. …